Bin Vent Dust Collectors
Let us help you select the right bin vent dust collector designed to meet your specific needs in removing the dust from the air entering your storage silos, bins, small gravity-fed, storage hoppers, scaling bins, mixers, screws or conveyors. We are committed to delivering you dust control solutions with optimum filtration efficiency, low energy consumption, long pleated cartridge filter, and filter bag life.
Bin Vent Dust Collector
Managing air quality and controlling dust is extremely important in plants and facilities that process dry bulk materials. Bin vent dust collectors are essential in venting displaced air and harmful products in bins or storage silos to contain or control dust particles. Airborne dust particles are captured by the filter media during venting to prevent emission to the ambient environments.
Bin vent dust collectors from STT are pulse jet style, self-containing units that are mounted on top of dust generating equipment such as storage silos, bins, small gravity-fed, storage hoppers, scaling bins, mixers, screws or conveyors. These dust collectors are typically used to vent the displaced air from the truck unloading and the pneumatic conveying of dry bulk material into the storage silo or bin it has been mounted to. Our dust filtering systems can be designed to use either cartridge or bag filter dust collector technology tailored to fit your application.
How It Works
A bin vent dust collector is designed to filter dust particles that naturally form at the top of storage silos or bins once it is filled by the pneumatic conveying system. A bin vent uses either a cartridge or a filter bag as the filter medium to remove the dust from the air. The filter media captures the dust particulates in the displaced air while discharging the cleaned air to the environment. A set of reverse pulse jets is sequentially activated to clean the material on the filter with compressed air and blow the collected dust particulates back into the storage silo or bin. STT can provide our bin vents with or without a fan depending upon your application.
Our top load pleated filter cartridge and filter bag bin vents are designed for easy installation, operation, and maintenance. Bin vent dust collectors and filters from STT have a low-profile body design that can be easily accessed and maintained by your operator. The pleated filter is a cartridge style design available in a variety of media selections to suit the bulk material characteristics, temperature, and moisture content of your specific application. Accessing the cartridge filter and filter bags in the bin vent dust collectors can be accomplished without the requirement of accessing platforms, ladders, cages, or any special tools.
Standard features include but are not limited to:
- Available in square, rectangular and cylindrical designs
- Compact, low profile, top access body design provides ease of maintenance
- Easily installed on bins or silos, eliminating ductwork and reducing installation expenses
- Robust carbon steel construction offers durable design providing structural stability
- Continuous-duty, on demand sequential pulse cleaning minimizes wear on filters
- Lightweight, tool-less, hinged top access door for easy filter access
- Top removal cartridge and bag filters ranging from one to nine filters
- Wide range of filter media provides high filtration efficiency for a wide variety of applications
- Filter media removes 99.99+% of entrained particles
- Flanged bottom makes securing on silos or bins easy and reliable
- Sequential timer mounted in a NEMA 4 , 4x, 7, 9 or 12 enclosure
- No moving parts inside the bin vent minimizes maintenance requirements
Optional features include but are not limited to:
- Stainless steel construction
- Differential pressure gauge, transmitter or switch to monitor the pressure across the filter
- Low-temperature purge valve seal kit
MATERIAL OF CONSTRUCTION
|Body: A36 Carbon Steel||Body: 304 Stainless Steel|
|Air Manifold: A53 Carbon Steel||Air Manifold: 304 Stainless Steel|
|Pulse Jet: Aluminum||Pulse Jet Seal: Viton|
|Pulse Jet Seal: Nitrile||PTFE Laminated Spunbonded 100% Polyester|
|Filter Media: Spunbonded 100% Polyester or Polyester Felt Filter Bag|
- Air Supply: Dry and oil-free compressed air
2 to 10 SCFM [3.4 to 17 m³/h] @ 80 to 120 psig [552 to 827 kPag]
INSTRUMENTATION AND CONTROLS
- (Optional) Pressure Transmitter:
4-20 mA HART
- Discrete Control and Alarm:
24 VDC / 120 VAC
- Local Panel / Junction Box Rating:
NEMA 4, 4X, 7, 9 or 12 electrical enclosures on all collectors
- Approvals: CSA, FM, CULUS, CE Marking
Replacement Filter Solutions
STT supports your ongoing maintenance needs with a complete offering of dust collector replacement filters and parts for most manufacturers’ dust collectors. Available in a variety of media options and sizes, our product experts can help you determine the best media for your replacement challenges.
PTFE Laminated Spunbonded 100% Polyester Cartridge Filter Data Sheet
Spunbonded 100% Polyester Cartridge Filter Data Sheet
Industries We Serve
Keeping plants and facilities free of dust is an essential part of any industry pneumatically conveying dry bulk material to silos, storage bins, or conveyor transfer points to vent displaced air. We have experience designing bin vent dust collectors used throughout a variety of industrial, agricultural, and specialty industries including, but not limited to:
- Water Treatment
- Chemical Processing
- Grain Handling
- General Industrial
- Oil and Gas
- Glass and Ceramics
- Pulp and Paper
We have the experience needed to design and supply the right dust control solution to meet your needs.